What your ENT specialists in Frederick, Maryland, want you to know
You’re breathing is better, now that hay fever season has passed. The only problem is that it's fall and you still have the sneezing, watery eyes and runny nose from allergies. Why are you getting an allergy flare-up in the fall? Are you doomed to having allergy problems all year-long? Your ear, nose, and throat specialists at Central ENT Consultants in Frederick, Maryland, want to share the facts about fall allergy problems and how you can feel better.
If you spend a lot of time indoors, in a confined space containing many different allergens. If you experience an allergy flare-up in the fall, you might be allergic to:
- Dust mites
- Mold and mildew
- Pet dander
You should be tested for allergies by your ENT specialists to learn what you are allergic to. When you find out your allergies, your ENT specialists in Frederick will suggest several effective therapies including:
- Allergy shots, usually given once each week
- Prescription strength antihistamines
- Sinus and nasal irrigation with saline rinses
- Sublingual drops, taken daily underneath your tongue in the form of drops
There are also some important things you can do at home to limit exposure to fall allergens.
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent pollen exposure
- Remove your shoes and outerwear before going inside
- Wash your linens and clothes regularly
- Use allergy resistant bedding and linens
- Vacuum regularly or consider hardwood floors
- Use a dehumidifier to prevent mold and mildew
- Clean air vents regularly and change air filters
- Clean or groom your pets regularly
- Don’t let pets on furniture or in your bedroom
Don’t let allergies limit your outside activities or make you fearful of going in your house. You deserve to enjoy your life without fear of irritating allergy symptoms. It’s time to find out why your allergies are flaring up in the fall. Get some help from your ear, nose, and throat specialists at Central ENT Consultants in Frederick, Maryland. Call today and breathe better tomorrow!